3 Ways To Help You Doze Off Quickly And Naturally
Despite our best attempts, we all have those nights where we just can’t fall asleep. We roll around in bed, tossing and turning to find that perfect spot. But the hours keep ticking away, closer and closer to sunrise.
If this sounds like you, you aren’t alone. Insomnia (difficulty falling and remaining asleep) affects many of us. In fact, some studies estimate that almost a third of the population suffers from chronic insomnia!
The occasional bad night of sleep isn’t the end of the world. But if left unchecked, insomnia can begin taking a major toll on your overall health. So, if you need some help getting that quality shut-eye you so deserve, here are three powerful ways to get you to dreamland in no time:
1. Set the Mood
Is your bedroom optimized for the best sleep possible? Some factors to consider are:
- Support – Are your bed and pillows providing you the right levels of support?
- Temperature – What temperature is your room? Cool rooms can help you fall asleep quicker and get higher quality Zzzz’s.
- Noise – What’s the noise level like?
- Light – Is your bedroom dark or do you get interference from outside lights, your cell phone charger light, etc.?
From your bed to sound and lighting, make sure to find what works best for you. And don’t be afraid to get a little luxurious with it! Consider diffusing lavender oil or playing a white noise playlist to block out unwanted sounds.
Have fun creating that spa-like ambiance until you find what works!
2. Limit Blue Light Exposure
You’ve probably heard this before, but scrolling through Facebook while in bed isn’t going to set you up for the best night’s sleep.
Exposure to blue or white light late into the evening has been proven to disrupt circadian sleep rhythms (the 24-hour cycle that sets our bodies’ internal clock).
So, let’s support your body’s natural wiring and take back control over your bedtime routine. About an hour before bedtime, power down your devices or use blue-light blocking glasses to reduce your exposure so you can unwind and fall asleep faster.
3. Consider a Natural Sleep Supplement
Sometimes that comfy bed or your blue-light blockers aren’t enough. If you need stronger support for your sleep, consider the following supplements:
- Kava – A natural herb that promotes relaxation and calms the nervous system. It’s often used as a natural alternative to sleep medications.
- Min-Tran – This mixture of minerals helps ease stress and balances your emotions.
- Ashwagandha – This power-herb is famous for stress reduction but it also can help with insomnia.
- Valerian – A root that promotes relaxation and deep sleep.
These are excellent options if you’re looking for a science-backed way to lower your stress and nod off a little easier.
Improve Your Sleep Tonight
We understand that life can get demanding and sleep is often the first thing to take the hit. If you’re looking to reclaim your Zzzz’s, give one of the above options a try.
And if you’re still having trouble, give our office a call. Rest assured – we’re here to help you achieve the sleep of your dreams!